Top Social

.

A Weekend In Oxford

Monday 30 March 2015

This past weekend we went up to Oxford for my dad's mum's 70th birthday, yes another big birthday celebration, I feel so lucky to have been able to go up to Oxford to help her celebrate. My grandma was set on visiting Blenheim Palace on actual birthday. We all talk about visiting all the time but haven't ever got around to it.
When we arrived I had expected it to be beautiful but not quite as stunning as it actually turned out to be. The drive way was so long and gorgeous, you'd be mad not to have thought it was beautiful.

 I was mesmerized by all the incredible building work and the interior was so grand, although personally they had gone a tad overboard with the gold bling. I'm more a monochrome, neutrals kind of gal, but times and trends change.

 It was a very chilly day so unfortunately we couldn't really explore the gardens, which even in the cold looked incredible, there was a cold mist drifting over the vast lawns of lusciously green grass which was a beautiful sight to behold. We will definitely be visiting again in the summer to have a look around the garden and I think the palace would be even more stunning in the sun.

 One of my favourite pieces in the palace was this huge, crystal chandelier. I couldn't find any info about the chandelier so I'm not sure whether it's always there and always stays there, whether it has always been there or whether it was more recently put in. I'm sure there was information around about the chandelier but I was so busy snapping away and admiring all the rooms and the furniture to read everything around me.
I almost fell over taking this photo of the ceiling so I can't imagine how difficult it must have been having to paint this, the ceiling was so high up yet they managed to paint this and include so much detail!
We had a wonderful weekend visiting Bleinham, hope you enjoyed this different style post.
Post Comment
Post a Comment