Top Social

.

House Of Glamdolls GlamBase Wheel 1

Sunday 29 March 2015

House Of Glamdolls GlamBase Wheel 1-£25.00
After watching tutorials for years I've always watched make-up artists use cream contour products to create beautiful contours onto the face. I always thought this was something that was best left to the pros but when I saw the Pixiwoo sisters use this in a tutorial and recommend it to us mere make-up mortals so I thought why not give it ago. It was either going to go horribly wrong or I might miraculously get the hang of it.

When this arrived my initial thoughts was that it was very small and would I be able to fit my brush into it? well the answer is no. I had planned to use the new Real Techniques Bold Metals Contour Brush which was the brush Sam used in the tutorial but when I tried the brush was going into the other shades and messing up my contour.

I then tried it out with a Real Techniques domed eye crease brush just to apply the shade then used the contour brush to blend it all out. I actually found it pretty easy to do, I find with time I get better and I know where to place contour and highlight better now than I did at first.

The actual creams are so creamy and pigmented which just makes blending them a dream and for me that's pretty important because I can struggle with blending products onto my face because if they are difficult to blend then I tend to move my make up around and I start looking patchy. Also the creaminess is great for my dry skin and also helps with the blendability.

How do you feel about cream contours? Just for professionals or is it ok for everyday?



Post Comment
Post a Comment