Top Social

.

Urban Decay x Gwen Stefani Eyeshadow Palette

Thursday 14 January 2016



I wasn’t expecting to love this palette as much as I do, I saw loads of hype about it from US beauty bloggers and I had just decided I needed to try to work with colour a bit more. Of course when choosing any great eyeshadow palette you go with Urban Decay.

I was deciding between this one and the Vice 4 but I chose the Gwen Stefani one because it just seemed to have more pros than the Vice 4 did. I like that it has a few matte browns for blending, it has some great glittery shadows, a couple of bold colours and well Gwen Stefani helped design it so it just felt that bit more special!

Stark and Anaheim are the blending colours I seem to reach for the most in the palette, they are lovely ,slightly cool toned browns. Punk is also a great shadow for deepening up your crease and in the outer v, it’s an unusual burgundy brown that looks great on the eye.

The bright colours are brilliant for a bit more of a statement eye, I’ve used the blue a few times under my eye. I’ve only used it on it’s own but I think it’d look great if I used a white or blue liner as a base underneath. I haven’t tried the other bright colours properly yet but I’m looking forward to having a play around with them.

I will quickly mention that whilst very buttery and pigmented, they do have a small amount of fallout so I like to do my eyes first. It happens mostly with the shimmery/glittery shadows but it's nothing you can't easily fix with a cotton pad.

If you are still thinking of getting this palette then I would definitely recommend it! Even my mum said it looked awesome, I can't wait for the rest of Gwen Stefani's collection to be released. I'm definitely eyeing up the blush palette and some of the lipsticks.

Let me know what you think of the palette or are you going to be getting something from the newer pieces of the collection?

xoxo
V
Post Comment
Post a Comment