Top Social

.

At War With Myself

Wednesday 25 March 2015
Sometimes when I feel anxious or panicky I feel like I'm fighting against myself. It's my heart against my head, I know that whatever I'm anxious about which can be lots of little things or a couple of big things, I know that it's not worth getting worked up over. I still do though and I can't seem to prevent myself from doing it.

When I feel like an anxiety 'attack' is about to come on I try so hard to reason with myself and calm myself down, but most of the time I lose the battle and panic anyway. There are a few things that can help maybe not prevent me panicking but to get me feeling a little clearer headed afterwards.

Talking. Talking to someone is a key element to calming myself down, first of all it helps you realise what is the core of what started the anxiety, sometimes you realise it's not as bad as you once thought. Also a problem shared is a problem halved, having someone listen is useful when they can help you to see through a problem and help sort out the best way to solve it.
So make sure you have someone to talk to, a family member, a friend or someone going through similar things as you even a doctor can help.

Lists. I love writing things down in lists, I struggle to remember things I need to do as well as have lots of anxious thoughts in my mind so anything I can list I will list. I have hundreds of lists in my notebook, some of the simplest to do lists and then more full on blog post lists. It just really helps keep my thoughts organised and I can see them planned out clearly.

Finally is it is important to take some time for yourself, whether that's a bath with maybe a Lush bath bomb, reading a book, listening to music or just a lie down/nap. I have to do one of these at least once a day, just to get away from the computer and my phone to wind down and gather myself.

So those are my tips. What are your tips for calming yourself down?
Post Comment
Post a Comment