Top Social

.

A Birthday To Remember

Monday 16 March 2015
Surprises!

Don't you just love surprises? Yes, of course! One better than surprises though is organizing surprises! This year it's both my grandma's big birthdays-the big 70. They are both the most inspirational, influential women in my life along with my mama of course!

This post is about my mum's mum, the big problem we have when it comes to her birthday is that she's like a detective! She ALWAYS knows when something is up.
At Christmas she feels all the presents under the tree and tries to guess what's in them...naughty grandma. So when we decided we wanted to organize a surprise birthday cake, I realised we had set ourselves a real challenge.

Finding someone to make a cake and organising how we wanted it to look was easy. It was the going to collect it that was the hard part, my grandparetns were staying at our house at the time and we were going to have to sneak out without her guessing what was going on. My grandad and I decided we would 'go to the shop to get the newspapers,' we did go the shops but we also went and picked up the cake.

Later on we went out for a delicious meal! I loved the food, however I totally got carried away and didn't take a photo of any of the food. Bad Blogger. The portions and food was just the kind I love, nothing too over facing yet lots flavour.

When we got home it was time to present the cake, my brother, dad and grandad distracted her in the lounge whilst mum and I silently rushed about getting candles and champagne ready to surprise my grandma with.

What a surprise it was, she hadn't guessed a thing and was feeling very emotional when we all started singing Happy Birthday, we had succeeded in giving my grandma a birthday to remember. We immediately indulged in a lot of cake eating and a lovely glass of champagne whilst watching grandma open her presents. The night was perfect!

This is the look I wore out for dinner, I was inspired by the ever beautiful Audrey Hepburn. I'll be going through this look again in another post.
Post Comment
Post a Comment